Senior Electrical Engineer
We are seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer to join Webb Yates Engineers in our London office.
Webb Yates Engineers is looking for an experienced Senior Electrical Engineer with 4 to 8 years’ experience. Candidates will ideally have Engineering Level 7 or equivalent qualification and the Chartered Engineer status.
Candidates will have excellent client-facing and internal communication skills to motivate and lead a project team as well as a strong background in electrical engineering and the ability to produce viable electrical services solutions within the scope of a design brief, including full electrical system and lighting calculations, taking account of critical constraints, safety, sustainability and cost and the ability to carry out analysis and design of building services systems.
Candidates will have experience of health and safety requirements and legislation and knowledge of relevant environmental and sustainability issues.
The successful candidate will be expected to managing projects and other team members, undertake electrical design, within the context of building design projects, attending meetings and construction sites, supervising production of project deliverables and leading day-to-day aspects of projects.
Duties and key responsibilities / role:
- Supervising and developing electrical and building services engineering designs including undertaking analysis, preparing calculations and sketches.
- Preparing reports and specifications
- Assisting with managing the preparation of engineering deliverables
- Checking and reviewing of engineering designs and deliverables
- Liaising, collaborating and coordinating with other project team members
- Attending meetings and representing the organisation externally
- Carrying out site visits and surveys
- Assisting with the managing of projects and other staff members
- Acting professionally and with due regard to the public interest and to the interests of all those affected by our professional activities
- Undertaking technical and personal self-development
- Undertaking other tasks typical of an engineering design practice
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Social and wellbeing activities
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption, shared parental leave benefits
- Flexible working
- Reimbursement of professional subscription and membership fees
- Season ticket loan
- Support in working towards professional status with relevant institution for the job role
Employment type: Full time
Start Date: As soon as possible
Application process: If you are interested in working on some interesting and challenging projects and have the right to work in the U.K., please write to us with your CV and cover letter at email@example.com quoting the job reference SEELON.
Interviews will be conducted remotely.