2.4 Job applicants
2.4.1 Collection of personal data
Our policy is to only collect personal data that is necessary for us to progress your application or to fulfil legal or regulatory requirements.
We may process the following data:
- Contact details
- Employment history
- Any other information you include in your CV and cover letter which may be relevant as part of your application
If you apply through a recruitment agency, we may collect your personal details, details of your application and details of your qualifications and employment history from the recruitment agency you applied via.
2.4.2 Use of personal data
We use personal data for the following purposes:
- Legitimate interest and consent in collecting your personal data for recruitment
- To assess your suitability for the role you have applied for and keep you updated about the recruitment process
We will not share any of the information you provide during the recruitment process with any third parties.
The information you provide will be held securely by us.
If we make an offer of employment we will ask you for information to carry out pre-employment checks. We are required to confirm the identity of our employees and their right to work in the United Kingdom. You will therefore be required to provide:
- Proof of your identity (passport or ID)
- National insurance number
- P45 if applicable
- We may contact your referees, using the details you provide to obtain references.
2.4.3 Data retention
If you are unsuccessful following assessment for the position you have applied for or if you decline our offer of employment, we will ask if you would like your details to be retained in our files for potentials future vacancies for a period of 1 year.
If you are successful and accept our offer of employment see 2.1 Staff and former staff.